Monday, February 4, 2013

Movie Review: Ah Boys To Men 2

Its been a long time since I did a movie review..
I love movies. Like how I love dramas and reading..
But nowadays, it's really too busy for me to follow a drama and of course reading a book! I know pple will say when there's a will, there's a way and that reading is a good hobby blah blah blah.. But guess what. My mom scolds me every time I start reading a book. Cuz I got no self control at all. I will like on my bed and read the whole day or more than one day.. Skip meals and other stuffs that mother hates. So, I guess if I read during school term, I am bound to skip school.. I never dared to try reading during school term.. haha.. So, movies it shall be (:

So this would be the trailer :

I must say part 2 is better than part 1 definitely !
And I think Noah Yap's acting is better than his videos... Sorweee..

No Spoiler alert ! Cuz all I am going to say is my thoughts ~

I think that this whole movie is really a propaganda like seriously! So, yeah I didn't take the whole army thing very seriously.. But this movie allows me to understand the feeling to enlisting, going into the army, moving on into a new phase of life. How army boys make new buddies in the army, why are they so tired when they book out, why they hate booking in. Its like school life but you can't go home isn't it? This reminds me of Singapore Sports School totally, its just that the sport that you're playing now isn't the sport that you might like. 

Many are touched at the father's scene, how he got stroke and all that, I didn't. Cuz I was just really awed at Richard Low's acting! Pro man! I think I am weird. What touched my heart was actually the marching scene and where Ken the narrator goes on and on about the feelings that army boys felt. That. Walking past scenery and places that held a different meaning in the past, being reminded of all those times before they enter NS, knowing that everything has changed but still remembering.. This kind of "missing" feeling, touched me the most :')

Many of my friends are at this stage of their life, I really hope that they don't forget me.. (haha, i know i am being so ridiculous, army boys afraid of ppl forgetting the but here I am afraid that the army boys will forget pple outside) But is my thought really irrelevant? Imagine they got buddies when they book in, they will have new friends, they are gonna spend their monday to friday with them.. & maybe they will go out tgt during weekends, then where would they place they old friends then? I really dk. A test of friendship once again, I do not dare to hope for much, I really do not. 

I believe that boys should be the one protecting their family and country.
I am supportive of army and hope there will be more singaporeans out there who are willing to fend for their country with pride. Not just sign on cuz you think this is the best offer you can get. There aren't many singaporeans like that sad to say ~ 

For the actors part, I truly salute Ken's father's (Richard Low, 刘谦益).. He is really good.. Lobang is really cheeky and happy go luck character that I like a lot.. And through this movie plus YY I got to know Tosh Rock our local youtuber who acts as Sergeant Ong in the movie. He didn't play a major role, so I shall not comment on anything. But his videos on youtube are not bad? Better than deekosh no matter what.. -.- 

The song he composed for the movie is really cool ! Listen please ! (:
Ah Boys to Men Recruit Anthem !



Oh yah! I watched this movie with my sexy shuttlers! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment